Finding the best natural shampoos for kids can be a very difficult task since there is very little information available about what’s best for children’s hair and what isn’t. After kids outgrow the toddler stage, from ages 3 to 10, their hair gets exposed to more of the outside environment, which requires thorough cleansing to remove dirt. However, the delicate nature of their scalp and hair requires kids shampoos that are without harmful chemicals or toxins. A specially formulated natural shampoo for kids will nourish and protect your children’s hair and scalp while also combating common issues kids have like dandruff, dryness, and frizz.
Table of Contents
What Is Natural Shampoo for Kids?
First of all, you may be wondering what is a natural shampoo for kids. A natural shampoo for kids uses natural, non-toxic ingredients that promote scalp and hair health without chemicals. The best natural shampoo for kids will get your child’s scalp and hair squeaky clean without any toxins or harsh ingredients.
Kids Shampoo Ingredients to Avoid
When looking for a kids shampoo, there are certain harmful ingredients you’ll want to avoid. These shampoo ingredients include parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, alcohol, phthalates, and artificial fragrance. Parabens are chemicals that prolong the shelf life of products, and they cause estrogen-like effects. Parabens are harmful agents that have been linked to cancer. Sulfates are soaping substances that can be harsh and dry out the hair, especially for people with curly hair.
Learn more about kids’ shampoo ingredients and which toxins to avoid.
Natural Kids Shampoo Ingredients
When choosing the best natural shampoo for kids, look for nourishing ingredients that enhance scalp and hair health. Some key natural ingredients that offer boys and girls hair benefits include:
- Coco glucoside are natural cleansers which are derived from coconuts. They have gentle and very effective cleaning properties and are considered very safe for skin.
- Jojoba oil is rich in vitamins and minerals that nourish hair, including zinc, copper, vitamin E, vitamin C, and B vitamins. Jojoba oil is also a dandruff remedy so it is a great option for kids with dandruff.
- Olive oil is a natural way to add shine and moisture to the hair and also helps combat dandruff in kids.
- Coconut oil is another natural moisturizing ingredient for children’s shampoo. Coconut oil moisturizes the hair and helps prevent frizz and damaged ends while also offering protection against dandruff.
- Shea butter is a natural softener and moisturizer for kids’ Shea butter contains vitamin E, vitamin A, and essential fatty acids that add moisture and shine to children’s hair.
- D-Panthenol (Provitamin B5) has wonderful moisturizing properties and is also considered extremely safe for skin and hair. The moisturizing property of D-Panthenol improves the elasticity of hair strands, thus preventing breakage and making your children’s hair look healthy, vibrant and shiny.
Dandruff Shampoo for Kids
Dandruff is a common problem in kids, and luckily there are natural shampoos that can remedy this irritating condition. The best natural shampoo for kids includes ingredients like jojoba oil, coconut oil, and olive oil to help prevent and fight dandruff. These beneficial ingredients also ease kids’ dandruff symptoms like dry, itchy scalp and flaky skin.
Finding the Best Natural Shampoo for Kids
T&H Organics offers the best natural shampoo for kids, including a specially formulated girls shampoo and a boys shampoo, both crafted with nourishing natural ingredients. Whether your kid has dandruff or is in need of a non-toxic shampoo that won’t irritate their scalp, T&H Organics delivers the best quality natural shampoo for kids.